In2digital was appointed as the systems integrator to consult, assess the correct technology solution and recommend digital shelf edge technology as well as project management governance and installation services.
The goal of this project was to test the effectiveness of bringing Digital Shelf Edge technology to the point of decision at the shelf.
The digital shelf edge saw many benefits throughout the POC
• Transformed the in-store shopping experience by advertising the product and brand via videos, images with pricing brings point of purchase conversion influence directly at the point of decision at the shelf
• The flexibility and control over price changes
• Prices can be updated in real-time, allowing regular price changes and end of day sales on perishable goods.
• Reduced carbon footprint (reduce printed paper ticketing).
• Bringing the online buying experience at the shelf using QR codes that guide the customer to nutritional information, health allergens, recipes..
A key outcome of the POC was an understanding of the need to tailor the Retail experience to maximise the impact and benefits of the available technologies. Rather then a “one size fits all” approach the customer experience can be maximised through the deployment of an integrated seamless digital experience from shelf, to bay to digital display panels through to the on-line presence (Omni-Channel).